Humberside Police Operation Yellowfin continues to tackle issues around motorbike crime. If you’re a bike owner or rider or are aware of criminal or anti-social bike use around your area, then it’s useful to be aware of Operation Yellowfin.
Its key purposes are:
To reduce motorcycle theft
To reduce Anti-Social use of motorcycles
To reduce offences of damage resulting from or to motorcycles To recover stolen or illegal motorcycles
And to identify, arrest and prosecute offenders
It is also a proactive campaign to help motorbike owners protect their bike and use it safely and legally.
Theres plenty of information about Yellowfin on the Humberside Policing website here.
If motorbikes are part of your life or affecting your life then do keep in touch with news about Operation Yellowfin or talk to your local neighbourhood Policing team.
Here’s some quite tips from Yellowfin about protecting your own bike:
– Always lock your bike with its fork and ignition locks.
– Invest in a secondary quality disc and chain locks.
– Secure your bike to a rail, anchor point or anything solid.
– Where there are no anchor points lock bikes together with your friends.
– Fit a quality approved alarm and tracking system.Invest in an insurance-approved ID and marking system (eg. micro dot, DNA marking, acid etching…)
– Park and lock your bike in well lit, busy locations. Try not to leave it in a remote area especially overnight.
– Cover your bike. It can hide its value and your security kit as well as protect it from the weather.
Operation yellowfin – www.humberside.police.uk/op-yellowfin