Please find below the latest stakeholder information published today.
We hope you are keeping safe and well.
Since we last contacted you, the CCG has been continuing to work with our partners and providers to ensure that our local system is as well equipped as possible for dealing with the current situation.
If you have a health concern or symptoms that are worrying you please don’t ignore it. These still need addressing even when you’re worried about COVID-19 and we don’t want you to get more poorly waiting for the crisis to be over. Your GP can still assess and give you advice on many health concerns over the telephone or even using video calls without you needing to leave your house. Ring your GP practice for advice or you can ring the Single Point of Access on 01472 256256 between 6.30pm and 8am for urgent health concerns 24/7. However, if you are worried about Coronavirus symptoms please call 111.
Northern Lincolnshire & Goole NHS Foundation Trust have started to use video consultations for some of their pre-arranged appointments. The first two specialities to start using ‘Attend Anywhere’ are Cardiology and Respiratory, with others set to go live in the coming weeks. ‘Attend Anywhere’ is a secure NHS video service which allows patients to be seen in a virtual clinic. They’ll be able to see their clinician remotely through a video feed on their devices, including phones, tablets, laptops and desktop computers. Over the past few weeks, the Trust has been reducing face-to-face appointments where possible. The rollout of video consultation will enable both clinicians and patients who are shielded, or those that are self-isolating, to continue with their appointments. For more information, please click here
The Accord Steering Group met remotely on Wednesday to discuss how we can continue to involve Accord members during the coming weeks. Philip Bond, an Accord member and the CCGs’ Patient & Public Involvement Lay Member has written an update on the work he has been involved with in recent weeks. You can read Philip’s update on the Accord website by clicking here.
This continues to be a very difficult time for many of us, and it is important that we continue to look after our mental and physical health to stay well, and there is a number of services and resources available to help you.
- A new 24/7 mental health support line has been launched in North East Lincolnshire, offering confidential & professional support for people of all ages, from children to older adults, affected by the Coronavirus. The joint venture between North East Lincolnshire Council, NAVIGO & Young Minds Matter can be accessed by anyone – from individuals already in receipt of mental health services to people struggling with the new social distancing restrictions, isolation or pandemic-related anxiety by calling 01472 256256 option 3. To find out more, please click here .
- New functionality has been added to the NHS App allowing patients across England to use it to choose a pharmacy to have their repeat prescriptions sent to directly. Users can choose from all community high street pharmacies or nominate an online-only pharmacy. You can find out more by visiting the NHS Digital website .
- The NHS website has lots of useful information on how to look after your health at home.
- The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy has developed a range of resources to help people stay active after being discharged from hospital, reducing their risk of falls and fall related injuries. For more information and advice on how to stay physically active after a discharge from hospital, including online movement and activity videos, information leaflets and advice for carers, please visit https://www.csp.org.uk/keepactive
- There is now an updated version of the every mind matters ‘how are you’ quiz tailored to the Covid19 outbreak. You are asked to answer 5 questions based on how you have been feeling over the last 2 weeks, once those questions have been answered it generates your own personal mind plan with tips and advice to help people to stay on top of their mental health and wellbeing https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters/your-mind-plan-quiz/
Opportunities to have your say
- Health Watch would like to hear about your experiences of accessing NHS and social care services including GP, Mental Health support and Dentistry. You can take part in this survey by clicking here
- NHS England are running a survey to find out how well their website meets your needs. You can complete the survey by clicking here .
Please keep a look out for news and opportunities to get involved on our CCG and Accord website:
You can also connect with us on social media. We are on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. We regularly post health and care news, health advice, opportunities to have your say and more.
Sally, Jonathan and Katie
The Accord Team
North East Lincolnshire Clinical Commissioning Group
Town Hall Square
GRIMSBY DN31 1HU
Tel: 0300 3000 567 (please note calls charged at local rate)