General Local News

Who you gonna call?

When you, a friend, family member, neighbour or local resident needs help or support, do you know who you should be calling? You’ll know 999, 101 and 111, but what about other local services and support organisations? Why not get a list of numbers together and keep them by your phone, in your diary or somewhere you won’t need to hunt for them?

NELC has published a useful guide here (and repeated below):

If you are concerned about anyone locally or you need help yourself, please contact:

  • NHS – For medical advice on COVID-19 or if symptoms have worsened visit the NHS website or call 111
  • North East Lincolnshire Council – For information on food services and welfare call 01472 313131 – Our contact centre is open Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm.
  • NEL Single Point of Access – If you have medical, health, befriending, bereavement, mental health or adult social care enquiries call 01472 256256.
  • Police – If you are worried that someone is a victim of crime please call Humberside Police on 101, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
  • Mental health support – You can call NAViGO on 01472 256256, option 3 for 24/7 mental health support in North East Lincolnshire. For young people’s mental health support call Young Mind’s Matter 01472 626100 (for out of hours support you can also call 01472 256256 option 3)
  • North East Lincolnshire Women’s Aid –  01472 575757
  • Sector Support NEL – For up to date information on the voluntary and community sector organisations and their services go to the Sector Support NEL website.
  • Christians Against Poverty (CAP) – Call Christians Against Poverty on 0800 3280006 for help and support with debt.

In any emergency situation please call 999.

And remember that your Neighbourhood Policing Team is out there too. We’ve got links to contact details for each Ward team on our website here and each team is regularly updating their page with latest issues, reports and important information. They are an important place to check for local information and there are email addresses if you need to get in touch with the team. For example the Sidney Sussex Team page is here and the Croft Baker page here