NHS Test and Trace are doing a very important job at the moment and there is always the possibility that you will be contacted. It’s very helpful to coorperate with them to help keep on top of the outbreak.
BUT there are people making Scam phone calls and pretending to be from Track and Trace. So the Police have issued some guidance about what real callers WILL NOT DO.
So be aware yourself and please share this information with friends. family and neighbours so they know when a scam call is coming through.
If NHS Test and Trace calls you by phone, the service will be using a single phone number 0300 0135 000. The only website the service will ask you to visit is https://contact-tracing.phe.gov.uk.
Contact tracers will never:
• Ask you to dial a premium rate number to speak to us (for example, those starting 09 or 087)
• Ask you to make any form of payment
• Ask for any details about your bank account
• Ask for your social media identities or login details, or those of your contacts
• Ask you for any passwords or PINs, or ask you to set up any passwords or PINs over the phone
• Ask you to purchase a product
• Ask you to download any software to your device or ask you to hand over control of your PC, smartphone or tablet
• Ask you to access any website that does not belong to the Government or NHS
Share this information with family and friends, protect yourself and others.